Saturday, December 22, 2012

Dreamer



Last night I had another reoccurring dream that I went to the hospital all by myself and suddenly had an ultrasound because I was pregnant!? A very friendly and kind African American nurse took care of me and gave me the ultrasound.  I was very focused on the ultrasound when all of a sudden I delivered a baby!  No pain, no meds, no assistance.  I marveled at how good the nurse was and how she just took care of everything.  I kept my eyes focused on the ultrasound wondering if I had a boy or a girl (no clue why i didn’t just look at the baby).  
Meanwhile the nurse had the actual baby, taking care of it.  I expressed how worried I was that we had three children now and that I would never be able to take care care of three!  Oh please Lord let it be a girl so that she can share with Carlee.  The kind nurse just comforted me and told me all would be ok.  I finally looked at the baby and it was a girl!  I was very happy that the baby was a girl and could share a room with Carlee, and I wondered how my family was going to react to me bringing home a baby.

My aunt use to tell me all the time that dreams were from God and that they were telling you things.  She use to tell me to look for symbols and numbers and things that are guiding you.  I always thought she was Coo Coo crazy.  But then as I got older I really started to see my dreams telling me things.  I looked up some things about my dream-



-To see a baby in your dream signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings.  If you dream that you forgot you had a baby (or in my case forgot I was pregnant), then it suggests that you are trying hide your own vulnerabilities; you do not want to let others know of your weaknesses.
Alternatively, forgetting about a baby represents an aspect of yourself that you have abandoned or put aside due to life's changing circumstances (story of a parent's life).

-To see a nurse in your dream means that you need to take time out in order to heal, mentally, physically and spiritually (word).

-To dream that you are getting an ultrasound signifies a new and developing phase in your life. Perhaps you are starting a new relationship, switching jobs or relocating (or in my case perhaps I have two children now and a relocation at work).

I also think that nurse represented a mother figure I don’t have- someone who is always there to comfort and take care of me without pain.
and I think my increasing worries about money, parenting, are reoccurring themes also.  


Basically, I think my dreams are telling me to CHILL OUT WOMAN and allow for a natural adjustment in life, but I'm sure there is someone out there that has a better take on the issue.  (Really, I should be a dream psychologist.)

I turned to the Big Guy-  
I read several versions of scriptures but The Message read:  
so this is what I want you to do, God is helping you take your everyday, ordinary life, your sleeping, eating, going to work, and walking around life and place it before God as an offering.  Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him...unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down......God brings the best out of you (Romans 12: 1-2).


Good stuff.  Maybe if I follow this tomorrow I'll dream of George Clooney.



No comments:

Post a Comment