Friday, December 7, 2012

Decadent Vacation

I have been away on a decadent vacation.

















Really a workshop training for my job.
(the vacation part is the no children part)













When I was first told I need to go I thought.....

Oh NO! 


Who is going to take care of this person...


and these folks...

and my class...



and my chores...


and my paperwork...





and my Christmas shopping...






After all in my mind, I am simply irreplaceable.


Then it was decided I will go.








So I relinquished all power with, 




a lot of these notes for everyone


and went on my decadent vacation.









I had some pretty intense training.

The best quote:
 “Once you’ve met a child with a disability, you’ve met a child with a disability”.  Every person is different, every brain works different, and every person’s experience is different....how I wish people understood this.






They showed us a video on bullying where former students verbalized how their peers and their teachers didn’t understand them.  They expressed in tears how they didn’t understand why they were always in trouble or teased.  It touched my heart and definitely made me more aware.




I was given a pretend synopsis of a boy named Joseph.  Joseph is a 7 year old boy in first grade. Joseph is smart, enjoys talking, and enjoys letters/numbers.  He has a passion for snakes.  Joseph is disorganized, very active, unfocused, and has trouble with abstract concepts.  Joseph does not want to change topics when he is talking about them.  Joseph does not like homework.  Design a lesson for Joseph.  
My first thought was you have to be kidding me, I just read a paragraph about my own child...and I don’t think hitting him across the head with his homework folder counts as a lesson.  
So I went in a different direction.







After daily training, I had something rare.... time.  

I somehow found the most charming Italian restaurant (while looking for a Chinese restaurant).  

The best manicotti.  I enjoyed eating it, but more importantly I enjoyed TASTING it.


Yummo.



Then I did a little Christmas shopping 
(since I’ve did NOTHING so far-[insert panic here]).
Darren is going to love this ducky.














You know how people say they would rather buy for others than themselves?  

Well I found a lot of stuff I would like to buy for myself...
Does this come in my size?
I would love this for my bedroom.

A glass water bottle with bling! soooo me.


A jewelry organizer! one word- FAB

I managed to somehow stay focused on others.

I even found something for Carlee's room, 
mini Christmas tree and ornaments


and I did get myself a little something.  



When I opened my socks, little pieces of plastic fell all over the hotel floor...




and I panicked...





but then I remembered there were no children around....



and I was relaxed again.








One night I watched....
Casablanca


and one night I watched..... 



I had never watched either before!




and this is the best part...

are you ready for this....

this is exciting....








I SLEPT!  I SLEPT!  I SLEPT! 
(for 10 hours each night.  I was like a granny. Lights out at 9:00pm.)




I also had time for this...







Of course, I’m back home, and everyone did just great while I was away.


 I really missed this...



and this....




and this....



and this....







 but I know at 2:00am I will REALLY miss this......












No comments:

Post a Comment