Saturday, July 28, 2012

Good Bye Summer (sniff)

This summer has truly been the most challenging summer of my life!  Juggling two children nearly seven years apart has been no easy task for me.  Still when I looked at my calendar and saw that I would be returning to work, I felt so sad.  It really is a special thing to be with your children in a less stressed environment (ie. not as many regulations, homework, schedules,  studies, lessons, practices, etc.).  
With the exception of two weeks, I have been with Carlee for five months, and it has been wonderful to be with her.


Yes I have felt I worked myself to death.  I have dealt with crying, constipation, diarrhea, hyper behavior, mouthy behavior, changing formulas, changing diets, changing meds, spilled drinks in floors, spilt drinks on Carlee, having to wait to eat (or rest), doc. appointments, more doc. appointments, packed and repacked diaper and lunch bags, and the list goes on (most moms can relate).
  
Someone once told me that your children are your best investment and I would agree.  I didn't allow my children to tell me what to do but I invested in them.  I spent time with them.   We didn't get to go on a fancy vacation or spend a lot, but we saved money by rarely going out to eat and I planned little trips.  We read daily.  We talked about God.  We hugged and cuddled.  We had picnic lunches.  We laughed.  Connor learned to cook eggs, swim underwater, learned that if he didn't pick up his toys they go, and learned a bit about not being the only child in the family (or in the world).  Carlee learned to roll, learned what formula worked for her, maybe learning about teeth, learned about having a wild, loving brother, and smiles and coos every time she sees someone she knows.  


It was worth every second.  
I soaked it up because I know one day they may be pulling out of the driveway on their way to something or someone much cooler than me and dad.  I had to sacrifice a lot of my time and a little of my sanity with even less appreciation, but children are worth it.
I go back to work Monday. A little early to start but I am setting up a new room.  I am sad to see this summer end, and I am worried about the juggling act I am about to perform, but I remain so thankful.  


Images from Summer:
creature

shots :(

hitting the road
this stroller has put in some miles

animal sightings

haircut?
her hair seems to be rubbing off into a perfect bowl cut

side sleeper

pool bound

picture time


put your pajamas down and get back in the bathtub
you forgot to wash out something
like the shampoo

summer barbecue w. friends

summer rain under a tin roof porch
God's Paintbrush

hitting the track

warm mommy and rhythmic walking- time to sleep


I do have a husband, somewhere around here
date night needed?




ladies man???

growing

and sweet


Mr. J telling us all about the wildlife (he was very smart)



 

The Snake Wrangler- 
has he talked about anything else since this moment? no



 

 

we were guests of Mrs. E.
she has the touch with all children


Tap Out Ceremony
neat to watch
views were breathtaking

its me again

stunt double


I'm a BIG girl

and BIG diamonds have my heart and soul.




yummo



  my brother strikes again


most days













No comments:

Post a Comment