Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Father's Day

"A father carries pictures where his money used to be....."

Darren Quotes:

Me:  Those telemarketers call all the time, and now they leave messages saying you’ve won something or they are a bill collector in order to trick you to call them back.
Darren: saying they are a bill collector in the Sechrist house is no way to get a call back.

Me:  I think I’m going to save for cosmetic surgery one day.  Would you get cosmetic surgery?
Darren:  I’m going to get those calf implants.
Me:  Then you will have to get thigh implants so your calves won’t be so big
Darren:  I could only afford to do one leg at a time.

Me:  My mom never let me listen to heavy metal music; granny said if you played it backwards it was devil worship.
Darren:  If you play anything backwards it’s going to sound like devil worship. Amazing Grace played backwards probably sounds like devil worship.

“I can’t resuscitate the checkbook after this.”

“I was supposed to trace Carlee’s hands for her Sunday school class so they can make a surprise for Mother’s Day.  I can’t do it, will you?”

“I don’t know why you get mad.  Just tell your story instead of waiting for me to listen.”


1:00am
Is she asleep yet??
“No her eyes are like Silver Dollars.”





Setting:  getting ready while the kids are screeching their heads off…..
D:  Where did you get this shirt I’m wearing?
Me:  I have no clue….I guess my boyfriend left it.
D:  If he comes back I’ll give him his shirt back and a check.

Me:  I had a dream that Carlee was screaming for formula and when I opened the can it was empty.  I think my dream is symbolic about my inner self.
Darren: I think it’s symbolic for my wallet.


Creating the memories is what the children remember.  It has been a major change going from a family of three to a family of four, but you continue to work hard and set a good example!  We Love You and Happy Father’s Day!


4 comments:

  1. hahahahah love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) hope you had a good Father's Day, saw your dad the other night...as always he is such a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious!! And how ridiculous that I sat here watching and in need of a box of tissues?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is not ridiculous...honey I cried every night at church last week...lovely hormones. Happy Father's Day to Jeff!

    ReplyDelete