Saturday, July 2, 2011

ZUMBA!

My thought process while taking my first Zumba Class:

-Hey this isn’t so bad, the music is fun.
-How does she move that way?  Is she missing important bones?
-We’re moving NOW, oh yeah….I feel like a backup dancer!  I am AWESOME.
-I think I feel my heart elevating.
-Holy Mother of Love, I need air….
-I’m sorry, I can’t scream whooo!  AllRight!  Or Oh Yeah! Because I can’t breath.
-I think I’m dying.
-I hope the instructor knows CPR.
-Note to self- When starting, go with an instructor that looks like Roseanne Bar not this:

because its bad for your self esteem.
-Is that what I look like dancing!?!  Why is there a mirror?  Looks like a fat woman ate me. Why is there a mirror?
-Standard move:  act like my butt has gone into epileptic seizures (and then I will look sort of look like I know what I’m doing.).
-THANK YOU JESUS…3 MORE MINUTES INTO COOL DOWN.
-What the Freakazoid!?!?  There are women who are begging for more dances before cool down??  I will sneak into the night and steal your workout gear…ALL OF YOU BE DAMNED.
-The instructor just told me to ‘Hold your head above your heart?’  -Doesn’t she understand when I hold it like a turkey more air comes into my lungs?
-Why did we park across the gym, now I have to walk across three lanes of traffic fast enough that a car won’t hit me.  I can’t walk that fast right now.

Overall, I had fun and I’m really proud of myself for sticking with it and finishing! I think I have found a new challenge.
Love,
THE ZUMBA QUEEN

2 comments:

  1. AMANDA!!! You are hilarious. I'm so glad you hung in there with me. ...Let's gO tonight!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great time Misty! You motivate me...and it is a lot of fun. One day we will be able to teach! lol

    ReplyDelete