Sunday, September 30, 2012

Week in Review

 


Carlee visits the classroom.  
The students were so sweet- they read to her, touched her hands and feet, and sang to her.  :)




We miss Mrs. E., but Mrs. L. is bringing fun ideas to keep our minds occupied
...like Goopy Goop! 



 

Family Day


My grandma and my great grandpa (right).  My grandma is a local author.  She has written EulaThe Red Headed Hobo and Life of a Call Girl's Daughter.  She told me she is currently writing about one of her ex-husbands whom she always thought was a murderer.

I highly suspect there is more story than truth, but true life is so totally boring.  Besides I can see where I inherited both my flair for the overly dramatic and my flair for craziness.



Papa and Uncle Mitchell time.


 

Dad and Connor's trip to the Charlotte Motor Speedway-  good bonding time.





Picnic- 
Student Bragging Time- 
they all did an amazing job with table manners, cleaning up, and completing all the math activities!



 


Gentle Cycle or Spin Dry??






Bags for the South Africa Trailblazer Mission Team- for new mothers.
This project reminded me of how much stuff we have for our children.  In so many other areas people feel so blessed and thankful to have a small bag of stuff.  We are so spoiled.
...you go mission team! 


Visit from the mema and the auntie stephie


Don't go to Connor's Pet Shop, his prices are outrageous!  I complained to the manager right away.  He told me I could shop somewhere else.

Angel




For some reason I was getting cracked up reading this question in my study bible this morning-
Does "having fun" bring happiness?
If this were Jeopardy I would answer 'you betcha'!
FYI- the answer is only yes if you include God- so no "toga parties" people, you might feel good in the moment but it leads to emptiness later.  Keep it Holy.


Sneak Peek into Mrs. E's upcoming present. ha. ha. can't wait.




   
Library Visit


We picked up our first chapter book.  I do all the reading and Connor loves it.   (Personally I think its the stupidest book I ever read about a dog vet looking for a wild python named Diamond but reading is reading.)


No comments:

Post a Comment