Sunday, September 23, 2012

Having a Villa Good Time

Ever since I read this book I have been fascinated with vineyards.  I enjoyed reading about the process of wine and all the jobs at a vineyard  more than I did about the characters in the book.  Oddly enough I've never actually visited a vineyard, even though we have several that have replaced the tobacco fields within minutes of where I live.



My pal C. planned a trip for us to go with some friends.  We all said that we were much, much, much, much toooo busy.  She has raised two children and understands the need for girl time.  She highly encouraged us to get out.  Boy was I glad she planned and that I went!  The vineyards were GORGEOUS.  I can't wait to go back and get a tour. 






The air smelled like fall, just a perfect day.





The shop was beautiful and full of beautiful trinkets.  I was amazed at how many awards this place had won...including the BEST crab cakes in the south as featured in State Magazine.




During the walk, my imagination went wild with all the romantic stories that could be told, but then my friend C. ruined it by telling me how she volunteered to pick grapes one time and how terribly hard it was....thanks C. :)



The world's most pathetic lunch.  
Two of us didn't bring a thing (me- shocker), so we divided C's half sandwich into four and then ate part of B's yogurt and fruits (serving for one into serving for four).  


Of course we had to make an unplanned stop at the restaurant (we needed our nourishment).  The chocolate was mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.















In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed. Khali Gibran
We missed you Mrs. E.







I encourage anyone to visit, it was just gorgeous.


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Glad you had a great time. I sure did!!!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful time S! We need more times like it.

    ReplyDelete