Saturday, July 20, 2013

Drama Queen


This has been me all day.
I am so lazy/tired/lazy/tired/triple lazy.
We had a busy week of bible school last week.




Vacation Bible School Drama Queen Prep-

I tried to make a scepter at the last minute- I unraveled all the birthday paper and slapped my princess hair comb on the top.
Connor gave it two thumbs down, but I plan to carry it into this WEEK- look for me walking on Main Street with it.




VBS Hands 
(We are still clearing glitter from the bathroom at my house.)






Kingdom Rock



Walking through the Valley of Death

(I know this is bible scripture but a tiny part of me wanted to sing this song- (I know all the words, yes I do)
"Gangsta's Paradise"
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realize there's nothin' left
Cause I've been blasting and laughing so long,
That even my mama thinks that my mind is gone.
-coolio
Do you remember it was a major song in this movie based on a real teacher named Louanne Johnson?

I would like to think in the situation,  I would be a kick butt teacher like Michelle Pfeiffer in the dangerous, gang invested inner city.  I would teach at all costs.  The truth is I would probably get shot the first day for wearing a pretty scarf the colors of an enemy gang- all by accident.

Don't be distracted by Coolio's awesome braids (like me), the REAL Valley of Death comes from the 23rd Psalm-




First Night's Drama-
Meeting King David

"I love you, Lord; 
you are my strength." 
(Psalm 18:1)

Ps. Thank you Ms. Sally for helping me with the drama room.  Nothing says LoVe to me like a woman who gathers push pins, bed sheets, and balances themselves on a rocky table with children running around. :)



The King awaits....

Queen Esther
This was a really fun night because it was the only night that included a second person.

 "So encourage 
each other and build each 
other up." (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

The play was funny because there is one part where we all "encourage" Esther to see the king even though she may be killed.  We don't actually help her or join her, we stay put in the room.  The kids were all like "see ya, good luck, hope you don't die, we will wait here...."




Scrolls of Verses





EPIC 



Kingdom Rock



Hear Ye, Hear Ye
You May Enter God's Kingdom Now



I am wearing my homemade princess hat made out of a birthday hat and streamers.
No one really understood my hat, but I think it went a lot better than say...

this princess hat.


Here we are making over our beautiful candidates for queen.
As you know Esther is one of my favorite bible stories! 

 I am explaining to the kids how this story is much like The Bachelor (no I'm kidding), I am explaining how all the young women endured beauty treatments for a full year before even meeting the king.


One beautiful princess.







Praise and Worship



We meet Nehemiah and the rebuilding of the Jerusalem wall.

"Don’t worry about
anything; instead, pray about
everything." (Philippians 4:6)
(God has been really hounding me with this point in the past year, I really need it.)




Rebuilding of the Wall 
Crew 1-
They are all so sweet.
(some children are visitors and I don't feel I can show faces without their parents knowing)



Rebuilding of the Wall 
Crew 2-
They Rocked It!



A better picture of the wall with these three sweeties.
(I will be so glad when Connor is over the long soccer sock phase, he doesn't even play soccer.)



Rebuilding of the Wall 
Crew 3-
Way to Go!!!  You all made me smile.







Crew 4-
This crew was so awesome because the crew leaders really worked at pretend "taunting and teasing" like in the real bible story.  It didn't stop them, they rebuilt that wall in seconds without a word spoken to the critics.



This picture and these children remind me- there will be critics, doubters, people in the world who want to be mean, and even inner critical voices
... just focus on building your wall, walking in faith, and ignore the rest.



Last Night of VBS

"Trust in the Lord 
always, for the Lord God is the 
eternal Rock." (Isaiah 26:4)



The kids wondered, what in the world was in the tomb!?!







Kids wrote their names and hung them on the nails as a reminder that Christ suffered for us.



Just as Jesus' friends did, we rolled the stone away to sprinkle spices, and there was nothing in the tomb!!!
The balloons floated up.
Jesus Lives



The kids this week helped this Drama Queen learn a lot.

Pss.  Thank you to the sweet mommy and daughter who REFUSED to leave me until they helped me take it all down. 
 Why is taking everything down a lot less fun?

Thanks for joining me at the Epic Bible Adventures and remember  ( I will if you will) when life gets you down....
Stand Strong!

"Your word is a 
lamp to guide my feet and a 
light for my path." (Psalm 119:105)

Love,
Coolio- The Original Gangta' Drama Queen Rocker








No comments:

Post a Comment