Friday, May 31, 2013

End of Year in Review

The end of year was such a rush for me, I barely had time to reflect.  I got up really early this morning and the tears just flowed thinking of the obstacles and accomplishments this year...family, professionally, friendships, personally, marital, spiritual.  There seemed to be a turning point in each area.  I have learned a lot myself.

***
It was just first grade, 
but it seemed like college to me.



***
Tiger Badge Ceremony
Rising Wolf

***
Rising Second Grader



***
I finally attempted a Pinterest project that worked for me, 
an end of year for C.'s three teachers who helped him grow.


 Three pill containers....


with goodies...


And phrases that match the goodies.  ie. We are "stuck" on you (magnets).  Thanks for holding everything together (clips). etc.


Place little tiny gifts and message in each section.


A daily gift for all you do, teaching me each day through, making a difference without taking a rest, as a teacher you are one of the best. (and afterward you can place your meds inside that the Sechrist family caused you to take).


***
Where would I have been without these two ladies??
While Mrs. E. was getting better, Mrs. L. jumped in and did an amazing job.

I can honestly say that I wish I was half of what Mrs. E. and Mrs. L. are as teachers, moms, and friends.


Getting youngest son through high school- check.
Beating Cancer- check.
Elton John Concert- check.
You can do anything Mrs. E.!



***

End of Year Awana.
The boys are reciting the New Testament.
A year ago, Connor would have never been able to stand still.
Praise Jesus!

***
We ended our year at school with a camping unit.
Setting up camp, campground math problems, pizza box smores, fishing for onset/rimes, trip to Boy Scout Camp, comparing and contrasting Arthur with Curious George, homemade ice cream, fishing for adjectives, etc.



Archery, Rockets, and Indian Lure

***

Of course I have to blob faces to protect students, but this is from our private second grade graduation.   


It breaks your heart a little because when you work with students for two to four years before they leave to intermediate, it is like letting go of a member of your family.  All of a sudden they are not there anymore.

***


Connor isn't the only thing growing around here....


This girl grew up, and before we knew it, it was time to go shoe shopping!
I have dreamt of shoe shopping with a daughter.

But like her brother before her, we had to buy special shoes to fit special wide little feet.
It is so hard to make a choice for little girls!!


 

We decided on some little white and pink sneakers.

 I think she is doing alright with them here (until the end).



I still have Connor's very first pair from the same exact store, his shoes were 2X wide.



***
And let us not forget that one of my fav. romance authors hit LIKE on my comment (and didn't hit like on anyone else's comments).
HA.  It proves I'm charming!


***
For me this year was full of some incredible ups and downs.  I can't believe that God would trust me enough to handle the things that came my way, and at times I felt I couldn't do it anymore.  There were plenty of breakdowns.  Think me- tears, blankie, and a box of cookies rocking in a corner.  But it was ok.  Everything really did work out, and it's not so crazy to just 'Trust God'.



No comments:

Post a Comment