Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Fun (Minus the Insanity)

I've been asked by many people, 'Aren't you so excited it's Summer Break?'
My question back is, 'where is the break in the summer?'  There is Summer Ice Cream, Summer Laundry, Summer Sweeping, Summer Weather, but NO Summer Break.
I'm working myself to death here people.   
I know what you are thinking, how could you not enjoy these two?








Don't be fooled by the adorable faces.  These two sweeties can create more trash, dirty dishes, and commotion than a small third world country feuding.   I know my neighbors are having talks about things I scream outside at my children.


This was just from LUNCH!!!

Switching from working mom to stay at home mom is not an easy transition.  Let me just say the grass is not greener on either side...its just a bunch of tall grass and weeds on both sides of the fence that needs to be cut and groomed constantly by hardworking parents (although I do get 20 min. of uninterrupted lunch at school, which is more than I can say I have had so far).   

Thanks to the lovely word I have grown to HATE- Budget.  We are trying to have some creative Summer Fun at home.  We set up our mini pool today.  Connor calls it "Country Club Pool".  He has had as much fun as one could at the country club.  I think his vivid imagination takes him to places that are way cooler than real life.

One thing that I really feel I gave my Connor was the gift to make his own happiness.  He isn't afraid to march to the beat of his own drum, but what makes me proud is that if others don't follow, he is content marching alone.    

In others news, we also have a precious little Carlee Angel that I affectionally like to call 'Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde'. 
Perhaps she got this from me as well but when your in your 30s we call it "passionate".  I am a passionate woman. ok.
Yes. Friends, I blinked and had a temperamental toddler.
(sigh)

But don't worry, once she got her way, all sweet giggles and smiles 5 seconds later.  



Remember how we thought our parents were insane?  They are.  Toddler, Teen, and Everything in Between= how it happens.



Such a Beautiful Picture
(Until she ripped off the hat and screamed bloody murder.)

Icy Cold Water
(Sprayed all over everyone within distance, including the lady that tried to sell us bibles. again)




Redneck Country Club Poolin


Brother, YOU are so fascinating.

I have no idea where Connor got this HUGE pool noodle inflatable, but really it was more noodle than pool.


Everything is fun until someone makes a joke that the pool noodle "is my weiner", 


and we have to sit out for inappropriate potty humor.
Why are boys NOT born with the ability to multitask, but ARE born with the ability to make "weiner" jokes???

I'm fine now, as long as you don't look at me wrong.

Oh thats just mom wearing her church slakes from last night's church program.
Yep.  Laundry not complete.

Mom's cell phone in the pool.
In the rice.
Doesn't work.
Don't text.





Brother threw paci in Dad's minigarden.

I think it has too much water.  Maybe placing the pool near the minigarden wasn't a good idea.

It's Buddy Love!


It's awesome Mom.
When did he join the family?

Brother loves an audience.

Summer Fun



Here is to Summer Fun (Minus the Insanity).
XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment