Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Then and Now

This past Sunday I had a special treat.  I got to go on a Girls’ Outing to the movies!  Yahoooo.  Darren watched the baby, and my friends at church watched Connor.  I met my friends J. and S. at the movie theater for the new Hunger Games movie.  It is the little things that excite me these days.  Not only did I have a good time, I went a little CrAzY…I paid 9.00 and a Vile of Blood for some Goobers candy and a medium Slushy (the checkbook Nazi was not happy).


I give the movie two thumbs up.  I thought the casting was awesome. When I was reading the book I really visualized the Capital and Katniss the way it was portrayed in the movie (which is rare after I read a book/movie).  I adore a true female hero.  BTW- A true female hero is not one that pines for a vampire and devotes her eternal life at age 17.  Katniss Everdeen is a girl determined, fearless, a survivalist, and is a mean shot with a bow and arrow!  (And, she wears a stylish braid.) 

I was happy to get ready and get out of the house for a while.  As I was getting ready I reflected on how different I prepare for a Girls’ Outing these days. 

For Example:
1.    Then:   I leave the house at 11:00pm.



Now:  I leave at 1:00 pm.  


2.     Then:  I use these products to get ready.

Now:  I use these products to get ready (note the nursing pads, cover the gray, Oil of Olay, do I have time to brush my teeth?  do you get the UNglamorous picture here...).



3.    Then:  I drive this to go cruising (yep I drove a pink car, how I LOVED it).

Now:  I drive this and say ‘Geez have you saw gas prices? What are we pouring into our cars, liquid gold?’


4.     Then:  I put on a cute, coordinated outfit.

Now:  I put on an outfit that provides coverage of any lumps, bumps, and I try to make sure it is clean! (this requires 10 costume changes)


5.     Then:  I listen to this.




N Now:  I listen to this (Actually, I think the Kidz Bops is edgier than what I use to like.)



6.     Then:  Fun Times of Past


Now:   Would Not Trade It for Anything :) Who Would?
                           

3 comments:

  1. Putting initials so your other friends who didn't get to go don't get mad at the ones who did? lol very clever. Love to read your blog and love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. There is always room for more. You owe me some time out, we haven't gotten to in a while. Give me a call, I would love to go out for dinner! Thank you for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete