Thursday, December 25, 2014

Stars

I was so proud of my Connor for memorizing, practicing, and taking part in our church Christmas program.  It was extra work, and memorizing lines can be challenging during a busy school season.  With the support of his church peers he did an amazing job and so did the rest of the youth!

set design- awesome!

The night of showtime when Connor did his role, I began to shed a few tears backstage.  I was having a mom moment, and I was proud, and God is good.  It was a beautiful memory.

Don't worry, my young backstage peeps made me get over my tears by making me laugh and cheering me (and Connor) on.  

(sigh)  I love these kids.

backstage selfies (in the dark)

also backstage with the lantern keeper,
such a mature and smart young man!


What better way to recap the Christmas program than to retell the Christmas story on Christmas Day!

Isaiah 7:14. Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. 

Precious R.
the same age as Connor, I have known her since age 3

Matthew1: 18. This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about[a]: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 

 The sweetest Mary and Joseph around










Luke 2:10 And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people."
Sweet Angel

sister love




Matthew 2: 3. When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him. 




Luke 2:15-16. When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, 



"Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us."  And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger."



shepherds:  A for Awesome

Nativity Set 

Four years ago had you told me these two boys would memorize, perform, and take a play seriously.....I wouldn't be sure they could sit still long enough!
However, they were great with the third shepherd and they all supported each other.
(pictured with one adorable lamb)



Matthew 2: 9.  After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 

wise men including our own wise youth pastor




Matthew 2:  12.  And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.

you can NOT talk to these two without smiling
great performance you two!


John 3: 16.  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.




1 John 5:11.  And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

I played a Mom, Pretty Easy
(these are my three darlings)

Romans 15:  3. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. 

Our Stars
I was very blessed to be a part.


God was born-

James 1:  17. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment