Tuesday, February 25, 2014

'Fam'ulous Weekend

A little over ten years ago when I married Darren, we gained a lot more than a husband and a wife.  
We gained more family, more laughter, more fighting, more sharing, more crying, more caring, and MORE JOY!

Our family just continues to grow and bond through each celebration, accomplishment, failure, and addition. 

As they say, 
we may not have it together, but together we have it all.

(This may sound like I'm pregnant, but the Sechrist family has NO plans to grow their branch at this time.)

This is about my weekend plans.  This weekend was really FABULOUS, because I got to spend it with some great ladies.
We had big FUN...


(excluding the heated battle over certain games, rules, and procedures.  PS.  I believe if we look up 'Tooth Crucifixion' it is probably a common dental procedure. #pictionary)


Gorgeous, perfect for a retreat!



This was actually the first of the Olympic Games I was able to watch.   The Winter Games are my favorite, but I have been so SLEEPY at night I haven't watched one ice skating competition.  
:(


Auntie J and S, thought of the idea of providing everyone a snack bag (yes, those are chocolate truffles).  #trouble  #midnightfeedings


I heart hot tubs and good conversation!


More of God's Paintbrush
#GodSightings



Others shopped, while I was being a lazy bum in bed...

when Aunt J. W. invited me for a walk.


I wanted to be lazy...buttt I thought it might be good for me.

We met nice folks in the neighborhood.  
This lady is sitting in the sun with her new baby.   She overheard me tell Darren on the phone that I had to hang up because I couldn't walk and talk at the same time, if I did I may need CPR.  She was kind enough to offer CPR if I passed out from walking too much.

 

We jumped off rocks...
(I will never show the hilarious 'after' picture of me falling off that rock, but Darren had a big laugh.)








Golden Girls

 



Aunt JW painted a NICE pedicure for me.  

:)





Family is LOVE....


until Game Night, 
then your on your own.
I am not sure my artistic style was appreciated.
a pic. much like something I would draw.


(Hilly and I were totally ruling Taboo!)

I hate HedBanz.  It was really hard.  I couldn't guess what my card was EVER.  
Sooooooo,
while I was snapping pictures of the "family", I would slip a "selfie" in without anyone noticing.



 

Ha. Ha. Pretty Soon I was winning more cards!  #winner




 


This would be the Competition Gaming Queen.  
All games are Hunger Games to her.

(I was robbed.)




I even got sucked into a Lifetime for Women movie with my mother in law.  
You know the plot....here.



I had a great time.  I learned something about everyone.
We made lots of memories around the dinner table with Aunt J's conversation starters!



Carlee was a little ticked I left for the whole weekend without her.
She could have totally ruled Pictionary!

 

Papa had a new toy to show off for us! 
We would call this a 'Fixer Upper'.  





We had time for a little airplane watching.  This gorgeous day reminded me of SPRING (please hurry Spring).


 

Precious. 
I don't care who you are.




...and to end the weekend...
a NEW camera for me.  I borrowed Mrs. E's camera for the weekend (I couldn't go long without my own).


More Pictures to Come....





No comments:

Post a Comment