Sunday, February 10, 2013

Looking for Love

This morning at church, we went looking for love and found it in all the right places!

I used ten scriptures to remind the children how much Jesus loves them (and me).  Then we went on a scavenger hunt to find  (earthly) treasure.

Each scripture had one word that took them to the next clue.

If I had to do it all over again....I would have picked short scriptures.  I couldn't finish one before they were off to the next.  My plan was to discuss and then move.  So basically I yelled "HEY COME BACK HERE!!" the whole time.

Jesus tells us not to focus on worldly treasures, but when chocolate is involved it really becomes hard to follow the rules.

Remember, 
We love because He first loved us. -1 John 4:10
Love is a powerful emotion.

Happy Valentines Day


Clue #5 

In the Bible

Really Warm


Clues

Yahoo!  We did it.


Teamwork 

V. Day= SUGAR Rush

Red, red, and more Red

There is always ONE CLOWN in the group

Clue Word:  children (where do children play games?)

Found It

We are so close to that treasure!

Hymn Book

No- Not in There

Major Clue

Jackpot

A little Frosting never hurt anyone.

Lots of Blessings

V. Day Praise and Blessing Tree

Treasure

Yummo.







No comments:

Post a Comment