Monday, April 25, 2011

A New Beginning

my husband and our son on Easter morning after sunrise service

Easter break has been really nice.  I didn’t go on any exotic trips, I didn’t get my total list of things to do done, and I certainly didn’t make it a long weekend of good health (quite the opposite, I’ve been tossing down the fried foods washed down with gravy…even the green beans in the south are unhealthy drenched in oil).  However, I did have a nice Easter.  I think Easter is a great time for new resolutions..Even more so than the New Year because Easter is a time of rebirth, a time to remember Jesus Christ’s resurrection, a time when Spring blooms and all that was dead is new….. I hope that this will be a season of change for me.
 I did get to take time to rest, spend time with family, and I went out tonight with a good friend.  It’s a good thing I had a few moments rest and laugh, because I was looking at my planner for this week…and I honestly don’t know how I’m going to get through it.  I kind of dread going in on Tuesday…between observations from the state, meetings, a visit to the funeral home, and kindergarten screening for Connor….it’s going to be a hard week, but hopefully this will be a week that I can make a new beginning by handling stress in a different way!



No comments:

Post a Comment