Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Crap, it's Snowing

If there is one thing I highly dislike, it is going to school when the air smells like Spring.  The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, and the kids would rather be playing outside than segmenting blends indoors with me.  
The only thing worse is school in June!




We were so close to avoiding the cold stuff and avoiding make up days, but then a lovely cold front grabbed us with icy fingers! Connor received those magical words he prayed for "there will be no school today due to snow".



Me, I would much rather snuggle under the blankets while watching the Real Housewives Marathon and reading my kindle. I heart warmth! 

The kids are not really into activities where they have to sit.
They better be glad they are cute!  




I placed layers of clothing on everyone while dreaming of retirement in the burning heat of Florida summer.  This is where my dentures and I will just read and sleep all day.


I wandered what Carlee would do because last year didn't go very well.



2014


This year, was much better for her.  She really wanted to play in the snow but she is 100% Princess.  






She was so dainty as she slowly stepped across each layer of snow.  She gave the Buddy Love killer looks when he threatened to dust her with a heap of the white stuff.








Connor.... not so dainty, but I didn't have to worry about him crying over getting wet, or dirty, or hurt.  There are benefits to having a wild and carefree child.




Darren might have to take another snow day off, snow that directly impacted his ligaments and joints from all the moving he was doing outside.  I was impressed.





I guess once I was outside I began to enjoy and we had a pretty awesome time!  
Besides, they are cute.







Now for the hot chocolate and my computer.     


Thanks for the fancy hot chocolate Mrs. E.
Yummy



Happy Snow Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment