Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Farm Filled Day

Today was a fun day.
I've been really neglecting my blog, because my day zaps my energy.
After dinner, homework, bath... I. am. done. 
And I mean done.  I couldn't go check my mail for an extra 1000 bucks.
Tonight I have no voice.
Completely gone.  
I have to whisper everything.
No one in my house can hear me when I'm not being louder than they are, so I have the pleasure of documenting my day in silence.


Today we were all invited to a private farm!
We started off on a real hayride.
(I'm in the back with the camo hat.)

We had a great hayride!


Look at that sky.

God's Paintbrush


Homemade Pumpkin Patch
Mrs. LG laid out pumpkins before we came.


Everyone got to race out into the field, 
and pick out a beautiful round pumpkin for themselves!

We went inside a dark barn, and made a real scarecrow!
Mrs. N. was very good at making scarecrows.
She stuffed those pants and shirts and had a big time (my allergies had a big time, I tried to hold my breath)!

Perfect Scarecrow Pants

Alf!  Remember Alf?

Close Up Cows-
 but no Cow Bell
(SNL?  More Cow Bell! haaaa)


The scenery kept us engaged.



Hello Donkey!

Time to decorate these pumpkins.
I love this picture.
This is mom and child.  Mom is using hand over hand to help her child paint.
They did a great job!!!



The Mask

Clown Face

Picasso

Swirl

Night

The decor was so fun!
All about Halloween.

Snack Time
(my love for doughnuts live)

Pin the nose on the pumpkin.

so close

Time for Dress Up

I had to go to the bathroom and I nearly had a heart attack.

Mrs. LG had a rubber hand in her toilet top!!!
When you have a classroom full of energetic and accident prone children..... 
you just don't do that to a woman.



Good Ole' Fashioned-
Bobbing for Apples

I was so excited because I haven't did this since I was a little girl.
For some girls, I held their hair and helped them find the apple.

When it was my turn, 
I dipped into the water for my apple and I felt a pair of sweet little hands, belonging to a kindergarten student, carefully rub my hair back.

No one asked her to, she just wanted to repay the favor.
My hair was already pulled back, but it certainly gave my heart a sweet twinge.
You know what I mean?



I just love wearing my sunglasses when its sunny outside.

Time for lunch, but watch out for the witches!

Special Lunch from Mrs. LG-
Pimento Cheese on homemade bread and Butternut Squash Soup

I took a picture of this little doll house church on the balcony.
It reminded me of the little white church I was married in.

Time for marshmallows over a fire pit.

A little boy made a special BURNT one for Mrs. E.  
Yummy!

Thanks for the Party Mrs. LG


I was feeling too much like a cowgirl, so I had my hair cut and styled afterward.
FYI-
It's no fun going to the beauty shop if all you can do is whisper! :(
It's even less fun to have your hair done if all your going to do is get in your pjs and cook dinner.


YEEHAW!






No comments:

Post a Comment